Monday, March 27, 2006

Illegal Immigration

The solution to the illegal immigration problem is really very simple. Severely punish with stiff fines and mandatory jail time anyone who hires an illegal. Even with rampant identity theft and fraud, it should dry the employment pool to the point that most illegals will get the point and head home. Most illegals are here for the economic opportunity afforded by the U.S. I certainly respect that, but I also respect the rule of law.

Shoddy to a lack of enforcement is certainly no excuse for the Senate to take the easy road and pave the way for illegals to gain a legal status. That is what appears to be happening right now in the halls of Congress. The Federal government has swallowed the lie that only the illegals will do certain jobs, and if they are deported in mass, our economy will suffer greatly. Our decades long low birth rate created an economic excuse for illegal immigration. We simply didn't allow enough legal immigration to keep up with the demands of our economy.

We didn't get to this point overnight. We got here over years and I expect the solution will take years to implement. Is the solution to make people here illegally suddenly legal? When will the slumbering giant of the masses of U.S. citizens awaken from their sleep? Contact your Senators and express your opinion.

It is only a hypocrite who thinks that we have strengthen our homeland security without securing our own borders! What a joke! There is no doubt that U.S. employers have taken advantage of these illegals. They are pocketing tremendous profits on the backs of these workers. It is a form of indentured servantude. They don't pay them benefits, they pay them below market wages, no workers compensation, and pocket the difference themselves.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some illegals are also here because they are wanted criminals in their own country and the jails in the U.S. are like the Hyatt compared to Mexico. Plus, free medical care - something many of us law abiding citizens can't even afford to get.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!

make extra money

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I found a place where you can
make some nice extra cash secret shopping. Just go to the site below
and put in your zip to see what's available in your area.
I made over $900 last month having fun!

make extra money

Thomas said...

95% of the immigrants here are good decent hard working people. The other 5% is bad apples. Your going to have that with any group. The whole illegal immigration issue has so many facets that it would take an entire site just to give them all a good airing out. One thing is for certain the 11 million that are here now, even if we built a "Berlin Wall" on our border, are not going anywhere. I will be writing some articles this week about the entire situation.
Great job on the blog your one busy Chigger!
Peace,
Thomas

Anonymous said...

95%?? Where did you get that figure?

I think it's more like 95% are probably getting financial assistance at taxpayer expense if anything - and - all the while getting paid cash under the table and not claiming it.