Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Still Time to Vote in School District 7 Election

With very little campaigning and practically no money spent, it's no wonder that voter turnout for this Valentine's day election is so low.

I voted today, since I am in TPS school district 7, at 3:45 p.m. I was the 25th person to vote at my precinct.

There is still time to go to the polls, if you live in district 7. The polls close at 7:00 p.m.

With such low turnout, this election could have surprising results. Matt Livingood, a local attorney and current TPS board President is facing Francis Skonicki. Both are Republicans. But I know that Matt Livingood is anti-charter school and will lead the charge and burn up much needed tax dollars to file suit to get the Oklahoma Charter School Act declared unconstitutional. On this basis alone, those of us who want more parental choice and true public education reform should stand up and be counted against him.

The Tulsa World endorsed Matt Livingood.

I endorse Francis Skonicki.

Make a stand. Make a statement. Go out and vote. Your vote could make the difference!

No comments: